Important Steps When You Begin CAYSTON® Treatment | CAYSTON® First Shipment
Before you can receive your first shipment of CAYSTON, it is important that you complete and understand the following steps in preparation.
STEP 1: ENROLL INTO THE CAYSTON ACCESS PROGRAM® (CAP)
STEP 2: CHOOSE YOUR SPECIALTY PHARMACY
Most insurance plans will automatically select a specialty pharmacy for you. If you are able to choose one, make sure the specialty pharmacy you choose is covered by your insurer. Learn more about specialty pharmacies here.
STEP 3: SCHEDULE YOUR FIRST CAYSTON SHIPMENT
Call your specialty pharmacy to order and confirm a delivery date for your first shipment of CAYSTON. If you do not take this step, your CAYSTON will not be delivered to your home.
Remember: your specialty pharmacy may call you from an unknown number to set up an account—be sure to check your voicemail for messages from missed calls.
For a list of specialty pharmacies and their contact information, click here.
Inside your first CAYSTON shipment you'll find:
- CAYSTON vials and saline ampules
- An Altera® Nebulizer System, including the Altera Controller Unit and one handset
- One Altera Handset
- Additional items or instructions that may come from your specialty pharmacy, such as brochures and informational literature
STEP 4: PREPARE FOR YOUR FIRST TREATMENT
Before you receive your first treatment, it’s important that you familiarize yourself with your Altera Nebulizer, what you need to do before taking a dose of CAYSTON, and how to prepare your CAYSTON for treatment. For more detailed instructions on prepping, click here.
It’s critical to your treatment plan that you fit all three doses of CAYSTON into your schedule. Learn more about how CAYSTON can fit into your day here.
Cleaning your Altera Nebulizer Handset
To reduce the risk of infection and ensure proper operation, the Altera Nebulizer Handset should be cleaned after each treatment and disinfected at the end of the day. You should clean and dry your Altera Nebulizer Handset(s) as soon as possible after each use.
There are two ways you can disinfect your Altera Nebulizer Handsets: you can boil them in distilled water or you can use a chemical disinfectant. If you choose to use a chemical disinfectant, use a commercially available medical device disinfectant such as Control III®. Follow the disinfectant manufacturer's directions for use. (Note: If you have multiple handsets, you can disinfect them all at once at the end of each day.)
Click here for more detailed instructions on how to disinfect and clean your Altera Nebulizer Handset.
Here's how to properly store your CAYSTON:
- Your CAYSTON shipment will arrive on ice
- Keep your CAYSTON and saline in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use them
- Once you remove your CAYSTON and saline from the refrigerator, they can be stored at room temperature (less than 77°F) for up to 28 days
- Always keep your CAYSTON and saline together
- Keep CAYSTON away from light
- Do not use CAYSTON or the saline after the expiration date
- Order a CAYSTON carrying case to properly store and carry your treatment with you when you’re away from home
STEP 5: SIGN UP FOR MY CAYSTON PARTNER®
Sticking to a treatment plan can be tough. No matter where you are on your CAYSTON journey, My Cayston Partner offers tips and tools that may help you stay on track with your treatment plan.
Enroll today to explore all that My Cayston Partner has to offer.