- Specialty Pharmacy List
- CAP Patient Enrollment
- CAP Patient Enrollment
- Full Prescribing Information
- Prescribing Information en Español
Before your first treatment
Before you can receive your first shipment of CAYSTON, there are a few things you should do in preparation.
Fill Out the CAYSTON Access Program® (CAP) Application Form
Your cystic fibrosis care team will ask you to complete a CAYSTON Access Program application form [English] [Español], which is required to provide you with the Altera® Nebulizer System, along with additional methods of access and support.
Call your pharmacy
After ordering your CAYSTON, be sure to confirm a delivery date with your specialty pharmacy. If you do not take this step, your CAYSTON will not be delivered to your home.
Know what to Expect in your first shipment
Inside your first CAYSTON shipment you'll find:
- CAYSTON vials and saline ampules
- An Altera Nebulizer System, including the Altera Controller Unit and one handset
- One Altera Handset
- Additional items or instructions that may come from your specialty pharmacy, such as brochures and informational literature
understand how to store your cayston
Here's how to properly store your CAYSTON:
- Your CAYSTON shipment will arrive in dry ice.
- Keep your CAYSTON and saline in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use them.
- Once you remove your CAYSTON and saline from the refrigerator, they can be stored at room temperature (less than 77°F) for up to 28 days.
- Always keep your CAYSTON and saline together.
- Keep CAYSTON away from light.
- Do not use CAYSTON or the saline after the expiration date.
get a carrying case
The Altera Nebulizer System is small and portable, so you can take your CAYSTON on the go. All you have to do is sit upright and find a flat, stable surface. If you travel often or have a schedule that causes you to take your CAYSTON treatments on the go, you can order a convenient carrying case for the Altera Nebulizer System.
know how to disinfect
To reduce the risk of infection and ensure proper operation, the Altera Nebulizer Handset should be cleaned after each treatment and disinfected at the end of the day. You should clean and dry your Altera Nebulizer Handset(s) as soon as possible after each use.
There are two ways you can disinfect your Altera Nebulizer Handsets: you can boil them or you can use a chemical disinfectant. If you choose to use a chemical disinfectant, use a commercially available medical device disinfectant such as Control III®. Follow the disinfectant manufacturer's directions for use. (Note: If you have multiple handsets, you can disinfect them all at once at the end of each day.)
sign up for my cayston partner™
My Cayston Partner can help you keep track of your dosing and refill schedules to help you stick to your treatment plan. It also features videos, stories, and tips from other people with CF, along with a mobile-friendly, personalized home page and a multitude of other resources. Sign up at MyCaystonPartner.com.