- Specialty Pharmacy List
- CAP Patient Enrollment
- Full Prescribing Information
- Prescribing Information en Español
CAYSTON is only available through specialty pharmacies
To provide full support for the Altera® Nebulizer System, CAYSTON is only available at specialty pharmacies. You can get CAYSTON through the CAYSTON Access Program® or by having your doctor send a prescription directly to a specialty pharmacy.
about specialty pharmacies
Specialty pharmacies are full-service pharmacies that specialize in the care of patients with chronic conditions, such as cystic fibrosis (CF). Most specialty pharmacies offer a large range of services, which may include:
- Refill reminders
- Overnight delivery
- Side effect and drug interaction counseling
- 24-hour access to a pharmacist
- The ability to order refills by phone, fax, mail, or online
- Assistance with insurance reimbursement and billing
- Educational information and instructions for CF medications and devices
- Dosing charts and other tools to help you keep a record of daily treatments
- Nebulizer supplies, parts, and troubleshooting support
Be sure to understand the options available to you when choosing a specialty pharmacy to fill your prescriptions for CAYSTON and other CF therapies. Check to make sure the specialty pharmacy you choose is covered by your insurer.
how to get the best service
Most specialty pharmacies pride themselves on offering personalized and expert care. However, if you want to be sure you receive your prescriptions when you need them, it’s important to follow these tips:
- Call in advance for refills – Be sure to ask how much time the pharmacy needs to process your order and prepare it for shipment, and how long it will take for the package to reach you.
- Ask if a signature is required for delivery – If your CAYSTON is being shipped overnight, it may require a signature upon delivery. If you can't be there to sign for it, make sure someone else can accept the package on your behalf. You can also arrange to have it shipped to another location (work, school, etc.) where you or someone you trust can provide a signature.
- Know what to do if there's a problem – Your specialty pharmacy will have a toll-free number you can call if they have pharmacists and patient coordinators on call. Don’t hesitate to call if your shipment doesn't arrive on time, if a part seems to be missing, or if you’re not sure how to store your medicine. You can also call the CAYSTON Access Program at 1-877-7CAYSTON 8am-8pm EST, Monday through Friday.
You can sign up for refill reminders that will alert you when it’s time to refill your prescription using My Cayston Partner™.